Monday, April 14, 2008

Third day post-op

I woke up this morning at 0830. The wife was running around the house going crazy trying to get the boys out the door so they don't miss the bus. She has been great. Even while I was asleep at 0700 she refilled my ice bags and placed them on my legs. The lack of swelling continues to amaze me. I expected so much more. I am going to keep elevating and Icing just as the Doctor ordered. I am walking with out assistance with a walker or crutches. I am taking it slow, but it feels great.

For four years or more I have felt this constant tingling in my lateral lower leg at the site of my old fasciotomy scar. Whenever I would tap the scar with my finger, I would feel a sharp numbness that radiated down into my big toe. This is called a positive "tinel". Now that the surgery is completed and the doctor has released the nerve from all of the scar tissue, I have no more numbness in the foot. The Tinel sign is gone. Amazing. Hopefully it will stay that way and no more scar tissue will form on the nerve.

I study birds, so I plan on spending my day sitting in the yard with my legs up and using my binoculars to "see what I can see". I can not stand sitting around. I cant wait until I can get off my duff and began rehabbing.... It will be here soon enough. I am thankful to God that my surgery has turned out great and that there have been no problems so far...

No comments: