Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yeah!!!! First one out of the way

I went to the gym today and ran on the indoor track. The track at my gym is very nice and soft. It is seven laps for a mile. That is approx 251 yards a lap. I alternated walking and running. I walked the first lap, ran the second, walked the third.... I think you get the idea. My legs felt light and full of energy for the first time in a very, very long time. I did however have some parastesia (numbness) in my left foot radiating to my 4th and 5th toe. Its probably an irritated nerve from the surgery. I noticed some burning type of feeling along my left lower leg (where I had symptoms before). This was concerning to me, but the more I ran the more it went away. I ended up doing 21 laps of which 10 of those I ran. That's 2510 yards or 7530 ft or 1.42 miles of running and 1.58 miles of walking.

By the way, has anyone seen my lungs.... I think I left them back in the gym.... going to take awhile to build my "runner lungs" back up.

No comments: