Saturday, March 1, 2008

EMG and NCS... Yikes!!!

So a couple of weeks ago I go in for these Nerve Conduction Studies of my lower extremities. For those who do not know what this is... The person conducting the test puts electrodes on your skin and then shoot an electrical current thru your legs and measure how quickly the nerve conducts... Each time the voltage comes the muscles contract and twitch... Not so fun... Not really painful, but the anticipation of the jolt drives a person crazy... Then the easier part, the EMG... Tiny needles are inserted into your muscles and you have to flex and tighten your muscles so that information on muscle weakness can be obtained.

My test showed delayed or slowed conduction at the level of my old fasciotomy scar from the 2002 surgery... No new surprises. Dr. L felt that the Superficial Peroneal Nerve was probably intrapped at that location in scar tissue.

I was then Scheduled for the Stryker Intracompartmental pressure test..

No comments: