Wednesday, March 19, 2008

HIDE!!!! Its my doctor....

I was doing a pacemaker check today and I ran into my Cardiologist. He knew me when I was thin and running 40mi a week. Today I bump into him in the hall of the hospital where I am seeing a patient and we converse for a few minutes. He is a great Physician and worried about me because I have so many cardiovascular risk factors. I tell him that I will be having surgery in April for my CECS and he seems happy for me. He knows the long road that I have taken to get a Physician to seriously listen to me. I told Dr. S that I plan to lose this weight that I have put on and that with this surgery I can get back to running which is the way I lost my weight before. I am currently on two blood pressure medications. This is not about regaining my former level of exercise for my ego, it is about controlling a medical condition that could shorten my life. April 11Th couldn't come sooner for me.

No comments: